As part of its continued support to small and medium tourism businesses through national and international marketing campaigns, USAID Visit Tunisia launched a new call for application for tourism experience, products and service providers operating in the regions of Douz, Gabès, Médenine, Tataouine, Gafsa, Tozeur and Kébili, to be featured in the upcoming Southern-focused marketing campaign planned for the season of Fall 2023/Spring 2024.
Following up on the successful Nature and Adventure SME campaign, USAID Visit Tunisia is developing a marketing campaign for the Fall 2023/Spring 2024 season to promote +20 SMEs in the Southern regions of Tunisia with the objective of increasing their social media followers as well as their sales.
About the Southern Tunisia Campaign Opportunity
USAID Visit Tunisia is preparing the launch its new digital marketing campaign scheduled for the Fall 2023/Spring 2024 season. This campaign is focused exclusively on promoting tourism SMEs offering tourism services, products and/or experiences — cultural, gastronomic and culinary, adventure, accommodation and others — and operating exclusively in the Douz, Gabès, Médenine, Tataouine, Gafsa, and Kébili areas.
The objective of the campaign is to encourage domestic and international tourists alike to explore the natural, cultural and historical wealth that Southern Tunisia has to offer; to create direct links between selected SMEs and visitors; and to support local businesses and the economic development of the region.
If you are a small or medium-sized tourism enterprise (SME) offering tourism products and/or services and/or experiences in the Southern region of Tunisia, and you are looking to accelerate the growth of your business, apply to this call and don't miss the opportunity to boost your company's profile and revenues.
Please consult the section "WHO CAN APPLY" to assess your eligibility.
Why Should Tourism SMEs Apply? (Benefits)
- Be featured in a national and international marketing campaign
- Obtain high-quality content for your specific marketing needs (e.g., photos and videos)
- Increase brand awareness and visibility on social networks
- Increase your revenues compared to similar seasons in the past.
Who Can Apply?
- Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) that meet the following conditions may apply for this opportunity:
- Registered business with significant Tunisian ownership and capital.
- Based and operational in the South Tunisian region, including the areas of Douz, Gabès, Médenine, Tataouine, Gafsa, Tozeur and Kébili.
Operational in selling tourism products and/or experiences and/or services on the Tunisian market.
What types of tourism are eligible for this campaign?
The following are eligible: SMEs operating in the tourism sector in Southern Tunisian areas and offering products, services and/or experiences related to tourism from sports, cultural, culinary, rural, to sustainable tourism, to name a few, including certain types of accommodation.
Here are a few examples of adventure and sports tourism:
- Mountain biking
- Hot-air ballooning
- Yoga and outdoor wellness
- Farms with outdoor activities
Here are a few examples of culinary tourism:
- Experiencing the production of traditional local products from the region in question
- Tourist restaurant
- Here are some examples of eligible tourist accommodations:
- Bed and breakfast or guest house
- Vacation village
- Tree houses
USAID Visit Tunisia will select from eligible candidate +20 enterprises that are operational and meet the following criteria:
- Provide a defined tourism experience(s)
- Adhere to any legal, sanitary, environmental, or safety regulations applicable to the offered tourism experience*
- Have at least one tourism experience offer that is discoverable online/social media
- Sell directly to customers (B2C) and:
- provide contact information (e.g., business name, address, telephone/WhatsApp, email, social media messaging, etc.)
- have the price(s) for at least one experience published online
- respond to all enquiries within 24 hours
Nice to Have
- Engage in basic marketing efforts that describes the tourism experience(s). At a minimum, basic marketing is posting at least once per month on Facebook, Instagram, etc.
* Proof of this criteria relies on self-attestation from the business.
This call for applications is open between autumn 2023 and spring 2024.
Interested applicants may contact us for additional information. Please email us at email@example.com or call us on this number: +216 52 405 019.