We provide transaction advisory support to investors, enterprises, projects, and all other relevant stakeholders, to facilitate successful investments in Tunisia’s tourism sector.
The USAID Visit Tunisia Activity is working to mobilize investment into Tunisia’s tourism sector. Through this activity, we will provide technical assistance and advisory support to potential investors, sponsors, and tourism businesses ready for engagement, to facilitate investments in the tourism sector. Visit Tunisia will provide the following support activities:
- Transaction Support: Direct support to firms to prepare, negotiate, and finalize a contractual deal with an investor, bank, or other financial institution. Transaction support may also include support for business planning or financial document preparation; the review of contracts, terms, letters of intent (LOIs), or memoranda of understanding (MOUs); and support throughout the deal process. Often, transaction support will accompany business linkage creation.
- Business Linkage Creation: Matching a firm with strategic buyers, suppliers, or investors interested in working with or investing in tourism or cultural companies. Linkage assistance includes targeted identification and matchmaking of prospective investors or strategic partners, outreach support, and follow-through support to firms.
- Partnerships: Facilitating a strategic relationship between a group of stakeholders (public or private) that share a common challenge and are willing and able to provide some form of financial or technical support to identify and work towards a joint solution. Visit Tunisia will structure partnerships to increase the performance or attractiveness of investment opportunities, collectively address growth challenges, enhance competitiveness, attract investment, or strengthen, including via investment, supply chains involving micro-, small-, and medium-size enterprises (MSMEs).
For consideration for investment facilitation support, interested businesses must complete an expression of interest form. Transactions selected for support will be based on a range of criteria including, but not limited to:
That have at least one year of revenue positive operating track record
That are sustainable businesses that are either profitable or have a path to profitability, which can attract private capital
That are looking to raise at least $1 million (~TND3M) in funding, or below $1 million if highly impactful project
- That have completed all feasibility and other required studies (e.g., environmental and social, etc.)
- That have secured permits/approvals and required government authorizations
Transactions targeting a financial close by EOY 2022 will be prioritized for support this year, and support over the program life will be limited to transactions with a target financial close by the end of the year 2023. Exceptions may be made on a limited number of transactions on a case-by-case basis, based on strategic importance and alignment with program objectives.